Thursday, September 20, 2007

Such a big girl

Martin and I have been trying to lay Alli Claire down in her bed at night instead of holding her until she goes to sleep. She screamed the first night for about a minute and then went to sleep. The second night the screaming lasted about 30 seconds and last night for about 5 seconds. I wish we'd have done this a lot earlier versus waiting up to an hour for her to go to sleep. They told me she has no trouble getting herself to sleep at school, so we thought we'd give it a shot. My heartstrings are still being tugged a little because I know Alli Claire is the last baby I'll have and I want to enjoy her, but our former night routine was less than enjoyable. I want to hold her and love her before she goes to bed, but that hasn't happened in a while due to the "wallering" factor.

No comments: