Thursday, September 6, 2007

Forsis and Moshen

Last night it was my job to put the little monster down to sleep. It takes anywhere from 15-60 minutes for her to go down. And it's a JOB! So I left Martin at the table helping Graisi with her logic/word problems. If you know me at all, I DON'T DO MATH and I DON'T DO WORD PROBLEMS! I mean, I don't add or subtract without a piece of paper.... literally. Ask Martin.

So this morning when I woke up Martin informed me that he should have let me do Graisi's homework with her. She reads books so fast that she thinks she can read the word problems that fast too, instead of really reading them and thinking about what they're about. Martin said she read the name "Neil" as "Nellie" at least 25 times. He was so frustrated with her but they got through it. So my conclusion is... if Martin had a hard time helping her, what did he think I could do???

Oh yea, about the title of this blog... This morning I read over some of Graisi's classwork from yesterday. The title of one a story she'd written was "Forsis and Moshen". I couldn't figure out what it was until I read it aloud several times and then Martin finally got it. Will you??

4 comments:

Brian said...

I had to say it aloud too. That's funny. What's the story about?

Sallie said...

I think I got it - what do I win????

Anonymous said...

And you don't do logic either.

Anonymous said...

Are we suppose to submit our answers? She does very well with spelling phonetically!

Amy