Friday, March 30, 2007

Our Little Banshee

Last night Martin had a softball game and Graisi and I decided to go. Alli Claire tagged along. (Might I say, the Navy Blue team didn't look pretty on the field, but they got the job done!! Way to go Navy team!). Chad, Blake's dad, is also on the team... so it only made sense for them to stay for the game since Blake was already out there practicing baseball. So the Echols family stayed... all 6 of them! Between Blake and Graisi playing on the bleachers, Graisi skinning shins and Blake complaining that a big kid took his hat and bat from him (the big kid was Graisi!!! LOL), Hallie trying to keep up with them, Daniel and Andrew and Alli Claire just trying to eat and stay in their strollers, I'm really not sure how much of the game we saw. THEN as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, Alli Claire decided to grace Graisi and I with her rendition of "Songs From A Tired Baby". Remember my previous blog about the sound of wild animals eating her toes?? Yea, it was that kind of screaming. 35 minutes for the love of all that's good..... AND I had to stop and get gas. Needless to say Mommy wasn't a happy camper when we got home and Graisi was exhausted from trying to calm her down with no success.

At some point in the night, the raging Banshee made herself known again! Martin said her passy was in her hand but she was just lying there screaming. I know most of you are wondering why Martin gets up with her all the time, so here's your answer in a nutshell.... she's still nursing. I can't get up with her at night because if she sees, smells or feels me, she'll want to eat. Eating in the middle of the night can get her into a habit...we don't want that. So Martin said he walked around with her to calm her down. Most of you would say just leave her laying there and she'll cry herself to sleep. Did you read the first paragraph of my blog?? SHE SCREAMED FOR 35 MINUTES IN THE CAR! Heaven only knows how long she could scream for in her bed and Graisi's room is right across the hall. It's so loud, even closing her door wouldn't help. Jumping back on subject....so anyway, he got her to stop crying and laid her back down, awake, and she talked herself back to sleep. If anyone has personal experience with the Banshee Bunch coming into your home and replacing your sweet child with one of theirs, please let me know how you got your baby back. In the meantime, our friend Benadryl will be visiting our home for the next day or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're both back and at home today recuperating --from lack of sleep. I laughed so hard w/your little banshee -- I wet my britches. YOU had an ear piercing scream which would tear bark off trees...I DO know how it sounds Shelli...that old adage: you pay for your raisin' when you raise one of your own:):) -- it's sooooooo true:):) I STILL remember that scream of yours...does it get better? Nope, but you learn to give them WHATEVER it takes to make them stop:):) A cracker in each hand, and crumbs everywhere is not unresonable:):)