Monday, March 19, 2007

Neighbor children and dead people






These are pictures of when Graisi got to throw the pie in Coach Spains face for raising the most money for the AHA. Her teacher said there was NOTHING left in the pie plate...not even the crust!!

Your about to see a pattern with our weekends. Graisi got home Friday and played all afternoon with Mallory. Saturday morning about 7:45 am there was a little knock on our front door. We open it and there is Mallory in her pajamas with her mom's jacket. She came on it and I took both of them skating that morning. Then she went to a birthday party with us and spent the night so she could go to church with us. I do love the fact that she's excited about going to church!! I'm praying we will be a light in her walk with Christ. We are so blessed to have a church that is attentive to the children's needs instead of baby-sitting them during worship service. What an awesome testimony for our church family.

After church we took them to eat Mexican and out to the cemetery to "see" Grant. We've never taken Mallory and hadn't planned on it, but it seems she's with us every weekend and we really needed to go by and check on things. While we were leaving, Graisi explained to her about the mausoleums that are in the cemetery. She said they were for people who didn't want to be buried and their families could come and pull them out and look at them.... Which we quickly corrected her. Then we got into the discussion of cremation, which both decided they didn't want to be cremated nor did they want any of their family cremated. I explained that it was up to their family members as to what they wanted. I told Graisi that we have strict instructions that her Nona wants to be cremated. She said, "Well, she won't know we buried her. She'll be dead." I like to have fell out of the car door!!!

No comments: