Monday, March 12, 2007

The Perfect Weekend

This weekend could have possibly been the perfect weekend. Saturday, we took Graisi to get some new blade guards for her skates. Then onto Toys R Us, so she could spend one of her birthday gift cards. We went home to get her ready to go ice-skating with Mallory and her mom. Mallory asked to go to church with us the following day, so she spent the night with Graisi. Yesterday after church, we all went outside. Martin washed the cars...I laid under the tree with Alli Claire on a soft, plush blanket and we took naps! The sun was lightly coming through the blooming branches of the tree with a soft breeze blowing. The bees were busily pollinating the flowers and children were playing in the cul-de-sac. HOW MUCH BETTER COULD IT GET??!! After Alli Claire and I woke up and Martin finished washing cars, I weeded the flower beds. It was a wonderful day!!

Graisi and Mallory are out of school today and tomorrow. Kerri took off these two days and bravely volunteered to keep Graisi for us. So, she's spending two nights with Mallory. Have I mentioned Mallory has become a permanent fixture at our house? I love having a house where our front door is constantly open to all of the neighborhood kids. It has taken a little getting used to, but they all come in and go through the refrigerator and cabinets. They do ask before they get something and I'll tell them, yes or no. It's just the funniest thing.

Did I mention the TV wasn't on all weekend?? Martin and I turned it on at night after the kids went to bed, but during the day, it wasn't on and it was great!!

No comments: