This past weekend was fun for lack of a better word. Friday afternoon, Graisi and Mallory played all afternoon and Graisi spent the night with her. Saturday, Martin took Graisi, Mallory and Baylee ice-skating and I took Alli Claire shopping with me. Martin informed me that this would NOT happen again. It seems three is a crowd even with really good friends and one stayed jealous the entire time. Saturday afternoon they made amends and played for the remainder of the afternoon. We took Graisi and Mallory over to our friends house for dinner. Mallory told me that she was going to tell her mom that she "had a blast over there". The kids really played hard and well together.
Do you even have to ask.... of course Mallory spent the night with us! I'm sooo glad she enjoys going to church with Graisi on Sunday mornings. I pray we can be a light in her life that shines directly to the cross. Jaime (their Sunday school teacher) said Graisi helps Mallory find the chapters of the Bible when she has trouble. We are so proud to be her parents and to have raised a child that has a heart for others. My prayer is that she keeps that passion!
Sunday afternoon, our next door neighbor, LaShea, put up a huge Banzai water slide for the kids. Baylee got it last year for her birthday and only used it once. (Baylee is her niece). So Mallory and Graisi played on that slide for at least 4 hours straight. Graisi said her stomach muscles were sore yesterday morning....well DUH!! But, they had a wonderful time.
Alli Claire woke up 30 mins after putting her to bed, Sunday night, screaming like a banshee. Martin got her calmed back down and back to sleep.... Then 30 mins later, screaming again! So we brought her down stairs in our bed and she did this until about 1am... LONG NIGHT!
Last night she did the same thing but only twice and she got herself calmed back down. Then it started again this morning at 5am. It seems she lost her passy and couldn't find it and thinks screaming will bring it to her like a magnetic pull. I think I've found my next invention.... I'm praying this doesn't become a routine thing with her. I'm telling you, it sounded like there was a wild animal in her bed biting her little toeletts off! But nope...just a lost passy. And you thought Graisi was the drama queen. I don't think we've seen ANYTHING yet! I know, I know, all of you are laughing and waiting to see how bad my payback is going to be. But if this keeps up, you're all going to be paying too, regardless how spotless your upbringing was, because I'm going to need help!
1 comment:
So far I've noticed the 2nd child to be FAR more dramatic than the 1st. Anything for attention... :)
Also, I'm very sorry to hear about your Grandma Halverson. I hope everyone has a safe trip back home.
Post a Comment