Last night was pretty rough to say the least. Graisi started throwing up at 7pm and didn't stop until 2:30am this morning and it was EVERY 10 minutes. You could set your watch by it. She is with me today at the sick daycare here at work. Alli Claire is back at school and feeling much better. Martin, Shelli and Graisi are all exhausted. We don't know how Alli Claire slept through all of the noise last night. I found the only 24hr pharmacy in Shelby County and called the nurse. I went ahead and sent Martin all the way up there thinking as soon as a presciption for Phenergan is called in, he would be there to pick it up. Well....the nurses can't call in prescriptions anymore. So in the middle of the night, Martin had to drive back home empty handed. The vomiting finally subsided and Martin and I were able to get about 2 1/2 hours of sleep before the alarm clock went off. Can you say, sleepy? But I'm here at work and that's all that matters. We won't talk about appearances....let's just say, it ain't pretty.
Graisi was invited to the Young Authors Conference at the local high school tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll be in good shape to go. Her book that she penned is called, "The Princess and the Purple Unicorn". We haven't gotten a chance to read it and it won't come home until after the conference tomorrow afternoon. Parents aren't allowed to attend, so she'll be on her own with the chaperons and teachers. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'll let you know how it goes.
1 comment:
I will certainly keep that in mind. Martin and I may be next..ARGH!
Post a Comment