Guess what big girl tee-teed in the potty today?? Give up? Alli Claire did!!! Her teachers had sat her up there twice today with no such luck, but with the third try came success. I'm well aware that this was probably a fluke, but it's a start. Her diapers are not nearly as enjoyable to change as Graisi's were. We have to hold her down with one hand and try to change her with the other. Not to mention she normally gets away and you have to chase her little naked fanny around to get the job finished. It's not the bonding experience I had with Graisi. So potty training is very welcomed. I'm hoping by two years old we'll have the task completed.
I've started sewing again. I tend to take breaks and then feel the tug to start back. In the past two afternoons I've made Alli Claire two pairs of pants. And might I add, they are precious! I found the pattern from Sarah at www.inthemidstofit.blogspot.com. I'm waiting on a pattern book right now and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I know this may not interest most of you, but I'm on Cloud 9.
Martin fixed one of our favorite meals for supper tonight... breakfast! How can you beat pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon? YUM! I know it's a heart attack waiting to happen, but it's most yummy and we don't have it that often. So, I justify it.
Graisi enjoyed watching the Super Bowl commercials. Especially, the Amp'ed commercial where the guy had jumper cables hooked to his "nibblets". Thought you'd like that!
1 comment:
I COMPLETELY understand the sewing itch. I get it too, off and on, but when it's on I'm in heaven as well. I'm willing to bet, though, that you're much more talented at it, as my long lapses are due to how unhappy I am with my previous project. :(
Oh, and that commercial actually had me gasp out loud. I'm not shocked often, but I kept cringing and saying, "Ouch!!!" It gave me the heebie jeebies.
Congrats on the potty training thing. I hope Alli Claire picks it up pretty quickly. It's amazing how changing a diaper doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you don't have to do it anymore. Then you realize what a pain in the arse (no pun intended) it was.
Post a Comment