As usual, we had a really good time at McWane. Graisi earned 2 Try-It badges last night as she learn fun things about water and senses. And the best part about it was that bedtime was at 11pm NOT 1am like the past two camp-ins!! However, when we got to the car to pack up I realized Graisi had left the interior light on in my weak-battery-car all night. Needless to say, my battery was caput. DEAD AS A DOOR NAIL. I'm really not sure what a door nail is, but I'm certain it must have been pretty lifeless in it's day. My friend, Catherine, who also camped with us had a set of jumper cables with her. Mind you, I've never "jumped" off a car, but I've observed it being done at least twice and I paid very close attention just in case I might ever need to use this information. Today was just the occasion. We positioned Catherine's car in very gingerly beside mine and I hooked the cables up to both cars (without being shocked the first time!) and VIOLA! It cranked. YEA ME! (We're just going to ignore the umbrella that held up the hood.) I was so proud of myself. I can now add "jumping off a car" to my list of car knowledge. I've also changed one of my own tires by myself (when I was 16 none the less). Changing the battery and spark plugs are next. To be continued....
When we got home, I found Alli Claire's pillow, blankets and both stuffed animals on my side of the bed. Apparently, she and Martin faired pretty well as sleeping buddies last night. I was informed that there was a pillow placed between the two for added safety and security. Alli Claire does like to kick, pinch and poke during her slumber.
When we got home around 9am, there was just enought time to rest up for a little while, shower up and get ready for Miley/Hannah. And just let me tell you that it was a hoot! I'm not sure who had a better time, me and Kerri or Graisi and Mallory. If you've never seen a movie in 3D (like me) or haven't seen one in a while, you really need to go to the theater. It was cool ... for lack of a better phrase.
As I type, Graisi and Alli Claire are in the tub together playing or better yet, Graisi is trying to get AC to stop drinking the bath water. They've been in there a little while, so I'm sure the water is getting a little cold. I better get to the nightly duties of washing little bodies.
Good night John Boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment