Friday, I got an email from a friend that Jennifer T. (one of the kindergarten teachers at church) delivered her baby at 24 weeks and Baby John Mark didn't survive the night. His funeral was Sunday afternoon. Saturday night, Sherri and Rick lost Bronner in a drowning tragedy. Today was his funeral and Celebration of Life service. I tried to be strong all day at work today and was in prayer for most of the day. But when I got into my car, the flood gates opened and my prayers became audible and full of questions. By the end of my "interrogation", my heart was quietened and my questions were answered. They were the answers I received almost 6 years ago when the Lord pulled me out of my 'I can do it myself" hole and restored my soul. Although we may not understand why things happen, they all work together for the glory of God for those who love Him. Our children are not ours. They are His children for us to care for and love until they are called home. For those of us who have children, we tend to forget that. Our children are not ours.... Though we may not like it and it hurts beyond belief, sometimes we have to let them go earlier than most. We were created to glorify God and enjoy him forever. Our time here is so short but our eternity is forever. I think our daily activities draw us away from this truth. Grant, John Mark and Bronner are with the Father Jesus right now praising him and rejoicing in His presence. How I long for that day when I can be with them. I'm still in tears and my heart is still heavy, but I am not discouraged. I will not be discouraged.
If you have not given your life to Christ and don't have the peace of knowing where your eternity lies, I ask you to take a minute and examine where your life is right now. Are you tired of "doing it by yourself"? Are you lonely for something that you can't find? Are you tired of pretending or playing "church"? Your rest and savior are in Christ Jesus. He's waiting for you to lay your burdens down at His feet and longing for you to worship. He died for your sins on a cross so that you can live together forever with Him. What an awesome gift!! You don't have to be alone any longer. You can rest in his arms and he will restore your soul. All you have to do is ask.
Our children's lives were not in vain. They had meaning and purpose. Through their deaths, many will live, thanks to our risen King who provided the way. The only way. Let all of the glory go to Him who is worthy. Amen
2 comments:
This was a very beautiful post. I'm so sorry for the loss of each of your friends. There's a lot on my mind as of late and your post touched on a lot of those points.
You'll be in my continued prayers. I've been writing Grant's story for about 6 months now. Hopefully it will be finished soon and I would love for you to read it. I'll post it out on a blog site when it's done.
Post a Comment