Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm going to need drugs

Have I mentioned that Alli Claire doesn't sleep well??? I could probably count on one hand how many solid nights of sleep we've gotten since she arrived. In the middle of the night she will wake up (actually I think she does this in her sleep) and scream at the top of her lungs for approx 30 seconds to 2 minutes. (There was the one occasion where she screamed for 62 minutes but that was an exception.) Normally it's a very short amount of time, but it jolts you from your deep sleep and it's so startling that you can't go back to sleep for a while. And some nights she'll do it 2-3 times! Nights at our home are not very relaxing... or quiet. And poor Graisi's room is right across from Alli Claire's.

Last night, I'd had just about all I could take when Martin got home. When we get home in the afternoons, I can't do ANYTHING without Alli Claire. And you think I jest... Not only does she want me to hold her at all times, (TMI: she also requires being held while one sits on the potty...)if I'm not holding her she wants me right there watching whatever she's doing. Graisi isn't good enough. AND not only that, she wants to do whatever she's doing while STANDING on MY feet. If I move my feet, you'll see her little foot/leg trying to feel around to find them.... Have you any idea how mentally draining this is?

Anyway, back to the sleeping thing. I finally got back to sleep after her second round of screaming and when I woke up this morning, I looked at Martin and said, "She's going to require me to have to get a prescription for drugs". He laughed. I'm serious.

I know that all kids are different, but I really don't think I'm going to survive her.

No comments: