This morning started out as usual with Alli Claire screaming for someone to come get her from her bed. When Martin brought her downstairs as I was getting into the shower, the infamous sentence was uttered... "She feels warm. Can you feel?". I knew at that moment that my day was determined to take a different direction than that I had originally planned. So we took her temperature and sure enough, it was 100.5. I got some Motrin in her and she slept until 11:45am! When she woke up, she was fine. She felt a little warm around 4pm and I gave her another dose of Motrin just to be on the safe side. We've played with the AuqaDoodle, the babies, the puppets, we've eaten lunch and had a snack. I bet you're day wasn't as fun as mine :o)
Martin just got home with McDonald's for the kids. We're both going for Parent of the Year in 2008. We're off to a good start with junk food for supper. I feel bad when we do this, but sometime it's just unavoidable.
Graisi brought home a certificate yesterday for the highest AR test in her class so far. She was so proud of herself as were we. Last week we also got her permission letter to have her tested for the gifted program next year. We won't find out until April or May whether or not she makes it. I think we'll both be very disappointed if she doesn't but I wouldn't want her to be in there if that's really not where she's supposed to be. I'll let you know when we find out.
Martin has a new helper/associate at work this week. He's a little stressed at having to train someone, but I'm sure once it's done, she'll be a big help for him. Hopefully, once she's set and ready to go, he'll only have to work 1 to 2 late nights a week. YEA!
Oh yeah, Alli Claire has a new dance move now. Not only does she bounce and twist when dancing, she now directs the orchestra with her arms. It's very entertaining to watch especially in the backseat of the truck! She's such a funny baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment