Every night as part of our normal routine, we look through Graisi's daily folder to see what activities, homework or correspondence have come home. Well, tonight the correspondence was a little different than we're accustomed to. The title of the document tonight was, "TRUANCY". In BIG letters, too, of all things! I guess they were afraid we wouldn't see it if the title were in normal lettering? Guess, they think we're all in 2nd grade. I think I'm a little more calm than Martin. Does this tell you anything? He is H.O.T! I know he good-looking, but this is different. We now have a mandatory conference to schedule with the assistant principal to discuss why our daughter has had 3 unexcused absences. Albeit, she has 2, but that's beside the point. Martin is determined to schedule this mandatory meeting on MLK day when we're off work. He said it's about time they work around our schedule since we have to work around theirs with their 45 "teacher work days". I can bet you that he really does ask for this day. I'll let you know what day is decided upon.
Our youngest is sporting a nice blue bruise on the top of her head tonight. Tonight was muffin and sausage/cheese balls for supper. When I went to pull the skillets out from under the cabinet, the smaller one slid off of another one of the same size and hit her on the forehead. It immediately made a mark and the breathless screaming commenced. You know the one where their mouths are wide open and their face is red but no sound is coming out yet. Yea, that's the one.
We also had some pretty nasty weather come through and knock the power off for about 10 minutes. Graisi started to freak out, but I got her calmed down and then Alli Claire started it. I finally found some candles and flashlights and all was well with the world. The girls and I did venture into the closet with our pillows right before Martin got home. I wasn't real concerned, but it made Graisi feel better if we were all in there. She kept praying all afternoon that our house wouldn't blow away and our "precious possessions" wouldn't be gone. I tried to explain that none of that stuff matters and as long as we've got each other we'd be ok. Then she explained that if we didn't have a house we'd have to live on the streets and be homeless. Then she wanted to know how we'd eat if we were homeless. Bless her heart, she worries so much...
2 comments:
Just as our government does to us we do the parents of our children. You punish everyone for the sins of a few. With the glorious governments No Child Left Behind Act, attendance is one indicator as to how schools are graded. In the years since this wonderous law was passed (insert sarcasm) schools have begun to take measures to ensure good student attendance. Unfortunately, good parents and students get caught up in that as well. I really do feel your pain even though I'm on the other end. I hope Martin does give them what for. Maybe it will get the schools to focus on those parents who are really the problem.
It wouldn't be so absurd if Graisi weren't making straight A's in EVERYTHING and her behaviour is outstanding. Give me a break!
Post a Comment