Last night I bought Graisi her very first alarm clock... This marks the end of a big era for her and us not getting to go into her room every morning to wake from her from her slumber. It's a little sad for me today since we've been doing this for 7 1/2 years. If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know I don't adjust well to my babies growing up :o)
Anyway... I went to Target and tested out all of the alarm clocks to make sure they were easy enough for Shelli to use. Martin and I have had problems with this in the past. I had a clock for several years that I had no idea how to work it :o) So if I could use this one for Graisi, she should be able to also. I found a Sony and brought it home. She was sooo excited and when she woke up this morning she announced to Martin and I that it was playing "Chattahoochee" by Alan Jackson when it went off... which has become her favorite Papaw song. I seems she didn't realize this was actually a song, but thought her Papaw made it up and sang it to her :o) Isn't that sweet! So now, she can hear it on the radio and think about her Papaw.
Alli Claire is not wanting me to leave her in her new class and it's making it a little tough on her dear Mom. During the summer I got there a little later than I do now and breakfast was already served. But now that school has started back and I have to get to work a little early to be able to pick Graisi up from the school bus, I get AC there early too and breakfast isn't there yet.... Hopefully, she'll adjust to the new routine shortly. I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment