Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cody the Predator Killer Attack Humpster

Saturday night we had dinner over at Ed and Sallie's. We had a blast with Ed's new Wii and Martin and I are convinced we will own one of these wonderful new visions of technology sometime in the future :o) Notice, I didn't say "near" .... as we are trying to sell the house which does come first. I do have my priorities! Sallie and I ventured upstairs to gaze at her newly finished bathroom and the humpster cage caught my attention. (Side note: humpster is not a typo. Maggie, our niece, visited out house once when Graisi brought the class pet home and called it a humpster the whole time she was there. So from that point on, that is what we call them... it's just too cute not to!) Anyhoo... So I proceeded into children's room to pet or at least attempt to pet the friendly being, or so I thought. I opened the cage door and as I put my hand into the cage the little rat raised up on his back legs and showed me his teeth. I swear ya'll the thing growled at me. I've already asked for forgiveness for the word that came out and thank goodness the kids weren't up there but Cody the Predator Killer Attack Humpster nearly scared me to death.... to the point that when he attempted to gnaw my hand off I pulled it out so fast it separated the top and bottom of the cage! Well...this sent me and Sallie into a hysterical fit of laughter to the point of hurt and pee pee pants. You know the kind of laughter where you have to cross your legs to keep yourself from just peeing all over yourself?! You get the picture. It was funny ya'll. Guess you had to be there :o)

Sunday afternoon proceeded with Graisi's de-programming from being at her Mamaw and Papaws the previous week. Let's just say it wasn't fun for any of us!

Alli Claire started visiting her new big girl class yesterday and will spend a little more time in there each day this week, until she works up to the full day Friday.

We officially put our house up for sale yesterday afternoon!!!! The Forsale-byowner.com people came and did the "photo-shoot" and the webpage will be up for viewing Friday. I can't wait to see it out there finally :o) Please pray the perfect family will move in there and blend well with our neighbors.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

I almost pee-ed in my pants that night - today while reading - I didn't think it would be THAT funny again - but I almost created a spewing shower of Ritz chips across my desk. It's still funny. I don't know if the part about the seeing the teeth is the funniest or the fact that neither of us could breath after the fact!