The afternoon started out pretty good when we got home and noticed a package on the front porch from Aunt Bev. Alli Claire got some neat gifts that she's really enjoyed playing with. It's these cool little boxes that have stuff in them. Four are different colors that have things in them that relate to that color. And the other is a mystery box where you reach in and pull out a special treasure. I guess you could say that we've all enjoyed playing with them this afternoon :o)
In the middle of all the fun Alli Claire fell and hit her forehead on the corner of the tv cabinet. It made a small cut and there was a little blood, but I think she's going to pull through. I tried to apply the Boo Boo Bunny but she wouldn't let me. I then wet some sterile gauze and tried to put that on there, but the only thing that stopped the crying was to let her suck on the gauze... Yea, cause that's the first thing you think of in pain management.
Graisi and I are having a difficult time with her homework. She doesn't want to do it. 8905 has had to come and visit every afternoon that there has been work to do. For those who do not know what 8905 is, here's the condensed version of how it originated.
One day before Graisi started kindergarten on August 9, 2005 (hence 8.9.05 or eighty-nine oh five) I toted her out of the mall over my shoulder because she pitched a screaming fit in the middle of Build-A-Bear and I couldn't get her to stop. After a quick spanking in their restroom we headed out of the mall. Then she started kicking the back of the carseat. Now, if you really want to make me mad, go ahead and kick the car. I was livid and went to swatting at her legs from the drivers seat. You remember how that works right? After I broke two blood vessels in my hand, I stopped by Lowe's on the way home and picked out a beautiful piece of 3/4 inch oak. A really good hardwood :o) I got home, made a pattern out of a brown paper bag, pulled out my jig saw and proceeded to masterfully craft one of the nicest paddles you've ever seen. By the time Martin got home from work I had already sanded, rounded the corners and applied tape to the handle to make sure it had a good grip. Usually the threat of 8905 works, but sometimes it has to be put to use. And it doesn't take much, but it does get her attention. She goes for months and months and it never comes out, but when she acts like she has lately, it's gotten lots of use. And it's all over homework. What is it going to be like for us in 3 years from now?? Martin and I keep reminding ourselves that we will survive and hopefully they will too :o)
:
2 comments:
Does 8905 have a cousin??? We might need to borrow him if a cousin exist! Homework is of the devil - not for children but for us parents who have to sit through the torture also!
Amen! I think we could create 8-22-07 :o) All she had to do tonight was read and she didn't even want that. I talked to another mom today and she said Genevieve is doing the same thing. I think it's just 2nd grade that's going to kill us all.
So do I know what to get H for his birthday? It could be a little early.... like next week :o)
Post a Comment