Monday, June 4, 2007

Why?

Why is it you never remember you're out of conditioner until your in the shower with your hair wet??? I've been meaning to go to Wallie World for the past week, but just haven't gotten there. Martin went by yesterday to get Graisi some as he left her with Janet in Anniston (that's our half-way point to exchange children :o) But I failed to mention that I needed some too. So this morning as I stand in the shower ...wet... Martin runs around the house looking in all of the travel bags to try and locate any amount possible. No such luck.... but he did get Graisi's empty bottle and put COLD water in it to try and excavate any elusive conditioner left in there by Graisi. Did I mention it was COLD and I was in a HOT shower?? Hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?! Thank you so much Honey for finding me some conditioner this morning! You're the best!!

I'm trying to forget last week ever happened. It was horrible!! That stomach bug Alli Claire shared with all of us was nothing to play with. It sent two of us to medical professionals. Martin is still healthy and able to take care of us. Thank you Lord!! We really needed him!!

Saturday was the City Fest in our local hometown. We all had a really great time. We looked around a lot and I had the girls silhouettes done in black paper. Mom had our silhouettes done at Ruby Falls when we were little and I've always loved it. So I thought I'd have the girl's done too. We met up with Mallory and Kerri around 2pm and the girls played and played and played in the inflatable area. Then about 6pm the music started and Kerri and I got distracted when we went and watched the girls slide down a big hill on cardboard boxes. We got a kick out of it when we had to teach them how to do it and not hang their feet off of the edge. It brought back lots of memories for both of us. Guess no matter where you grow up there's always a hill and a box somewhere :o) Then some big kid came and took Mallory's box away from here and Kerri marched up the hill and removed it from the other little girl he'd given it to. I got tickled because she looked like a mama hen protecting her little baby chick! A few more times down the hill and the fun came to an abrupt halt when Graisi came down the hill screaming there were ants on her. I guess as she was plowing down the hill, she went through an ant bed.... We went home as the Gin Blossoms played. We really wanted to stay and watch Diamond Rio, but I don't think the kids could take much more. Mallory spent the night and went to church yesterday morning and then back home for an arguing match between the two of them. I swear they could have been sisters!!!!

Graisi is at Janet's this week for lots of fun and activities. Janet wins the "Best Aunt" award. Last year she had lots of arts and crafts for them to do and even gave them $10 and took them to the Dollar Store for them to buy whatever they wanted!! How great was that!!?? I can't imagine how she's going to top last year, but I'm sure she'll find a way :o) So it's just Alli Claire, Martin and I for the week...AAHHHH. We'll miss Graisi, but she needs the break as much as we do. We'll see her Friday.

No comments: