So, remember the weekend we had?? I happened again with Alli Claire Monday afternoon. Her teacher called me wanted to know exactly what she was doing when we took her to the ER. When I described it to her, she said she was doing it again. I called the Dr.'s office, got an appt and raced home to get the video camera in case she wasn't doing it when we got to the office. I picked Graisi up from camp on the way to pick up AC. When I got to preschool she had not stopped doing it and had been grunting in discomfort for about 3 hours at that point!! I thought it would let up like it did Saturday. Graisi sat in the front seat while holding Alli Claire (she was so bad I didn't want to put her in the carseat for fear she would quit breathing)...it was that bad!
When we got the office, there wasn't a receptionist so I ran back to the nurses desk hysterical at that point. Her oxygen level and breathing were ok but they got us in right way. The doctor still doesn't know what happened and why it took a 36 hour hiatus. He thinks it's a viral chest cold, but the symptoms really don't point to viral or bacterial... He's perplexed as are we. He ordered me home yesterday for observation in which we watched two episodes of Matlock and lots of HGTV and TLC, but no more attacks. Go figure!
Did I mention how well Graisi did during the chaos of Monday?? She sat right in the front seat holding her baby sister who was obviously sick, locked the car behind me, sat in the office very quietly while we tried to figure out what was happening and didn't bother anyone!! She was an angel! The doctor also commented on how well she was acting. She is my big girl!!!
Everything is ok right now, but who knows when and if it will happen again.... Keep us in your prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment