Alli Claire's mysterious rash is the result of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. It's viral and there's nothing you can do about it. She didn't show ANY of the classic symptoms until yesterday afternoon (she broke out Thursday or Friday of last week). She has had no fever, has kept her appetite and has had no blisters. The pediatrician said if I had brought her in Monday, he would have been fooled. Only yesterday did one or two little pink dots show up on her hands and feet. He was really surprised that she was still eating considering she had ulcers in the back of her throat. I'm not sure what that says about her... either she really likes to eat regardless of the pain or she has a really high pain tolerance. But anyway, she's not contagious anymore since she's broken out. We think her new teacher, Toni, brought it to her classroom last week. There was a outbreak in Toni's previous class... Oh well, we're on the downhill now.
I'll post pictures tomorrow. I had problems with it today. Happy Hump Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment