Friday, June 22, 2007

TK concert was AWESOME!!

The concert started at 7:30 with a small opening group. To tell you the truth, I don't remember their name even though Martin told me several times (Flynnville Train). Miranda Lambert sang for about an hour and was very energetic and entertaining. I don't know a lot of her music but she was nice to sit and listen to. Our seats were in the third tier about middle way up, directly in the middle. To be free tickets, there were great seats!! Toby took the stage at 9pm and rocked until 10:45!! This concert was head and shoulders above his last concert here. I think he was really tired of touring by the time he got to us in 2005. Birmingham was his first stop this go around so there was a lot of energy put into last nights performance. He played a good bit of his old #1 hits, some from a few years ago and some new stuff. It was a good mix of everything. He finished the night with a guitar version of the Star Spangled Banner, The Angry American and An American Soldier. Have I said it was awesome yet?? Let me say it again....it was AWESOME!!

Graisi had a blast at Mallory's birthday party at Sweet and Sassy last night. She spent the night and Kerri got her up and out the door at 6:30am. I wish you could have seen her hair! Sweet and Sassy is a hair salon geared directly to children. (It's a lot like Libby Lu except better but more expensive.) They had taken her hair on top and twisted it into little bitty twists and lots of bobby pins. Her hair looked like mine when I got it pulled down this morning. There wasn't anything I could do with it except pull it up in a ponytail. And even then it looked like a pom pom ball in the back. I've never seen Graisi's hair look like that. It was kinda cute once I got it pulled back. But it was a bugger to get brushed out...

We picked Alli Claire up from Linda's (our neighbor) last night at 11:15pm. She met me at the door and wanted to know why I had to come back. She said she wanted to keep her and that she would take really good care of her.... I politely declined her request, took my baby and ran out the door. No, just kidding. But I really think Linda would keep her if we'd let her. She said Alli Claire was a perfect angel but commented that she liked to rub and scratch your skin. And that she does. It can become quiet annoying ...quickly. I told her to put AC to sleep around 7:30 or 7:45 but she slept until 7:20 this morning, so I have no idea what time she actually went to sleep.

Alli Claire has added one more word to her vocabulary and she's only 10 months old! She will now tell you "Bye Bye". She did it for me yesterday afternoon while we were sitting in the living room waiting on Martin to get home. She was waiving while she said it to, so it wasn't some random sound. This morning while I was leaving her classroom she was sitting at the table eating and she looked up and said, "Bye Bye" and waved at me again. I can't believe how much she's learned and how fast!

No comments: