Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wheezing and streaking

First, I want to tell Hunter (Graisi's friend and Ed and Sallie's son) congratulations on accepting Christ into his life Sunday night! We are so proud of you for making such a scary and faithful decision. Graisi was excited for you when we told her at bedtime Sunday night. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our little one's ministries. I pray God's blessing on each one of you as you grow into the children you are meant to be.

Secondly, I want to give everyone an update and ask for prayer for my girls. I'm not exactly sure where to start, so I'll start from Sunday forward. Sunday afternoon Graisi stepped on what she thought was a bee. She came in screaming and I put some benzocaine on it to stop the pain and she was fine for the rest of the day. Alli Claire started wheezing again and coughed pretty bad the first part of the night but settled down after Martin gave her some cough medicine around midnight. Graisi came home from school yesterday with a swollen toe, but I didn't think anything about it, just figured it was from the bee sting from the day before. Alli Claire came home wheezing again so bad that I stopped her from playing and immediately gave her a breathing treatment. Her breathing seemed a little more constricted this time. She was still wheezing and coughing when she went to bed, so I gave her another breathing treatment before going to sleep. She had another pretty tough night last night coughing and still wheezing.
When Graisi got up this morning her foot was swollen and she had a red streak running up towards her ankle. I knew right then we had to go to the doctor. Her pediatrician put her on an antibiotic to be on the safe side and was a little concerned that the streaking didn't appear until two days later. But he seemed more concerned about Alli Claire. I didn't take her in this morning because the last two times we did, they told us there was nothing they could do. But he said this was the 3rd episode and thought it could be some form of asthma and we need to be proactive instead of treating the symptoms. So... we have another appointment for Alli Claire this afternoon at 4pm. Today is also the first time I've brought the nebulizer to work with me "just in case". If this tells you anything. Please say a prayer for both of the girls that everything will be ok.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I thought those kiddos looked familiar!! And searched this whole blog for a pic of you!! This is Sherry or better known as Mark, Lily and Elle's mom! I love the blog and I am praying for your girls! They are BEAUTIFUL!

Shelli said...

Hey Sherry,
You found us :o) You can't hold Martin responsible for anything posted on my blog...or that's what he says! LOL!!

Thank you for your prayers. I covet them!!!

Shelli