Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm melting.....

Yesterday afternoon I bathed the kids down in bug spray before sending them out to play. About 10 minutes later, Mallory, Graisi and Alli Claire came busting through the front door loudly declaring Alli Claire had been poisoned by lead paint. I'm not sure if I've told you or not, but Graisi has a phobia of lead paint and is very careful with AC and anything that might have lead paint in it. Come to find out when you put cheep painted plastic necklaces on top of bug spray laden skin, the paint actually melts off of the plastic making the said skin the color of the paint. Needless to say, AC had a green neck that I had to scrub to get the paint off.

This little incident wasn't even the first one of the day. Yesterday morning while I was getting ready, I left AC in the dining room coloring on the new Crayola Color Wonder paper she had gotten from the Easter Bunny. Little did I know, the coating on the paper will come off on wet, little hands. And this stuff doesn't come off. So she went to school with greenish/aqua smudges all of her hands. I'm not sure if it will come out of her pj's or not. At least it was her pajamas and not her regular clothes. We can be thankful for small blessings, right?

I probably won't be asked to go back and watch Martin play softball. They lost last night, but the kids had a good time! I got to catch up on visiting with our friend Stacey and another players wife. Graisi and Blake (her ex-boyfriend :o) had a good time throwing around the football and running around chasing each other. So I guess you can break-up and still be friends.... Alli Claire had Stacey catching her for an hour as she climbed up and jumped off the bleachers. She didn't seem to mind so I let her keep doing it.

Pray it doesn't rain tomorrow. I think we're going to try and take the girls to Auburn's A-Day tomorrow. I think we'll have a great time if the rain holds off. If not, we won't go and will find something else to do.

No comments: