Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lessons I've learned the past two days

#1 - In the morning, never change a diaper right before walking out the door. The diaper cream tub could fumble out of your hands and tumble down the front of your newly ironed shirt.

#2 - A child's view of good weather can vary very differently from your view of good weather. When a child is studying rain in school, a "good " weather day consists of rain. My good weather day consists of sunshine. And the said child will argue with you until blue that rain is GOOD!

#3 - When your child consistently takes 35 minutes to get out of the shower, the last 20 minutes could be used for just sitting there with the water running over the child's body or biting her own toenails. Sometimes it's best just not to ask....

And these are lessons I've learned the past two days.

2 comments:

Brian said...

That's why God created "No-Iron" / "Wrinkle-Free" shirts. :)

Shelli said...

Point taken, but have you met me?? The "no iron/wrinkle free" shirts cost more than the traditional ones. You're talking to the girl who has cut her own hair for the past 9 years and the hair of both daughters to save money. I'm too cheap!!!! I just resort to my madness of having to iron everything... I've been this way for how long now? I don't think there's any hope of changing now, right? You did crack me up Sunday morning by the way!