Some of you know I suddenly came down with an ear infection last Thursday. My ENT wasn't in the office so I went to my family practice guy. The drops he gave me didn't work, which delayed treatment for a full day. I went to the doc-in-the-box first thing Friday morning and received a glorious steroid and antibiotic shot along with oral antibiotics and pain medication. I had no idea how bad these things hurt. I have such sympathy for babies and children now!
Ok...so as of yesterday, I still could not hear out of my right ear. I talked to 3 nurses and the family practice doctor who told me this wasn't normal and that I should see my ENT as soon as possible. Can I just say how much I love him??!! They got me in at 1:30pm and I was out the door by 2:30. That is with all of the hearing tests and the doctor's visit. It has been determined that some of my hearing loss is due to the fluid still being in my ear, but there is also nerve damage. They just don't know how much or if it was due to a virus. So, they're scheduling an MRI the end of this week and I'll follow-up with my ENT Monday. He said there is a chance it could get better, a chance it could get worse and the possibility it will stay the same. Please pray this gets better!! I don't like not being able to hear and my balance is off a little more than normal :o) I'm trying to have a good attitude about this. I mean, I do still have one good ear, but I'm learning, this isn't something I want for the rest of my life. I like to hear my babies laugh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment