Sorry, it's been since Sunday since I've blogged but I've been swamped at work and tired when I get home. Like you've missed me.... The joke around work is that I'm so tired because I'm having to keep the house clean. LOL! They think they're sooo funny.
Only a few memorable things have happened this week so I'll give you the run down....
Monday: Alli Claire has learned how to put her hands over her eyes while we pray before dinner. Well, Monday she was exceptionally hungry. While we prayed, she covered one eye with one hand and with the other shoveled English peas into her mouth like a front loader. Martin and I couldn't help but get a little tickled at her.
Tuesday night, Graisi and I had a High School Musical on Ice date with Kerri, Mallory, Sallie, Brantley, Jaime, Hallie, Marty, Lana Scott, Amy and Lauren. We had a gaggle of giddy little girls! Between the adults watching Graisi sing the songs with full facial expressions (complete with puckered lips and closed eyes) and the American League guy who was on ice skating, we couldn't quit laughing. And to watch the girls faces when Troy took his shirt off on the ice to change outfits, was priceless! We had a really good time to say the least.
Wednesday: We are card carrying members of the YMCA! We joined yesterday so that we could get a discount for Graisi's summer camp. We elected not to attend the summer program she's gone to for the past two years because their price jumped to a whopping $165 a week. That's $38 more than we paid per week last year. I just couldn't justify paying it when she can go to the Y for $98/wk and we all get a membership. I'm excited. I go for my exercise orientation Monday afternoon.... I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I'll let you know come Tuesday.
Today: I just had a realtor knock on my door to see if he could show my house.... RIGHT NOW!
And since it's still clean from Monday, I said, "Give me 5 minutes and come on in". I just pray they didn't look in the dishwasher and see Alli Claire's outfit I had soaking in the sink. I can only imagine they go and tell their friends about the house they looked at where the people washed their clothes in the dishwasher! They weren't interested, but everyone who's looked at it says they love the paint and my decorating abilities... Little good that does unless they want to buy it. I can't wait for the day when I can call Martin and say, "Hey, Babe. I just sold our house!!" I can't wait....
I'm also waiting on the handy man to come and repair the chimney and possibly some siding. He called to say he was going to be late, which I appreciate, but it doesn't help me any when I've promised Graisi she could go swimming this afternoon at the Y. It doesn't look like our swimming outing is going to come to fruition today.... maybe tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment