Thursday, April 3, 2008

Home today

Yesterday I went and had some "minor" surgery on my head. When Martin got home, he said it looked more like someone hit me in the head with a hatchet. I didn't think my doctor would have to make as large of an incision as she did. But, it's a little over two inches long and required 12 stitches. She hit 2 or 3 pretty large blood vessels and had to have another nurse scrub in to help during the procedure. She said I lost a "little bit" of blood... that was an understatement! I look and feel like Frankenstein today. I also had a pretty bad reaction to pain medicine yesterday and spent the majority of the afternoon and night with my porcelain friend and I think I slept a few hours on the fabulously cold, tile, bathroom floor. My head (not the inside, the outside) hurts, but I'm afraid to take anything else after last night. I think the nausea finally subsided about 4am this morning but I'm still not up to par. My neck and back are really sore today so I'm trying to take it pretty easy. The stitches are really tight and I can feel them when I turn my head. I soooo was not prepared for this! For the next several weeks you'll probably see me wearing a headband in case you're wondering. Thank goodness I have them to cover up the bald spot and stitches in my head!!

2 comments:

magcarmom said...

Uh, hellooo. Exactly what type of surgery are we talking about and why didn't I know this. Hope you feel better. Love ya.

Alecia said...

Same here. What happened and are you going to be okay?!?