Thursday, April 17, 2008

Suzie Homemaker

I have started a new craft if that's what you want to call it. I've started making homemade sour dough bread. I've become quiet the little Suzie Homemaker :o) My Mamaw (aka The Bread Queen) has been trying for years to get me to do it, but I've put it off as long as I could. A friend of mine from work, brought me the instructions for the starter so I've been experimenting... I think I killed the yeast in my first batch. So it's going to take some practice to say the least. I made my first three loaves yesterday afternoon and they were really good, but didn't look like I thought they should have. Even though I let them rise the amount of time it said, they didn't rise into the perfect little bites of Heaven that I'm acustomed to from Mamaw. So I threw my first starter away yesterday and started another. I will be able to try it again sometime Sunday. Wish me luck!

I'm also very proud of myself. You know what they say about cleanliness? You know...it's next to Godliness. My house (my "house" consists of the kitchen, living room and dining room) has been clean for almost two weeks straight. I'm talking no dishes left in the sink overnight at all. This is huge y'all. People with kids know what I'm talking about. But, let's not get carried away. I still have a huge problem with making our bed. I'm still trying to convince myself that this needs to be done daily even though we mess it up every night. I guess you could say that about the kitchen too, huh? I'd rather clean the toilets than make my bed.... Anyway, I feel sooo much better when my house is clean. It just makes you feel good when you walk into a clean house. Kinda like how your car drives better when it's had a bath and vacuuming.

Mallory is here visiting and playing with Graisi for the afternoon. She and Graisi have another one of those lovely weather days tomorrow that is mandatory to be taken even though they don't need it. I really wish someone who actually works a regular job was on the school board making these ridiculous guidelines. Hey geniuses.... if you don't need it, don't take it! Do you really need someone to say it out loud for it to make sense?? Stepping off now.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I am very impressed. I would LOVE to taste some