Can you believe it's been another year?? The time continues to pass even though my efforts to slow it down becomes more futile by the day. My precious baby boy was born 9 years ago today! At times it's like a different lifetime ago but in the same breath seems like yesterday. In the past nine years I've grown in my faith exponentially and know in my heart that my life is alone to glorify my sweet, merciful Savior. Grant's life had purpose if nothing else to bring me closer to Christ. I wouldn't trade my relationship with Him for anything.... not even another day with my child. As I type, you must be saying, "You must be crazy lady!" But I'm not. The older I get the more I realize how fast time does go by and how little time I have here. I will see my baby boy before I know it but until then, I have my Father to give me strength, guidance and assurance to sustain me while I'm here. And for that I am thankful. There is so much today to be thankful for: my Jesus, my husband, all three of my children, my family and my friends who've supported us and been there when we needed them without question.
So on this day, I give thanks for the precious gifts we've been blessed with and for the ones we have yet to receive.
Happy Birthday Baby Grant! We are so proud to have been your parents for 29 wonderful days :o) Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Grant! What a precious gift you were to us all! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your brief, but powerful life! You will be always be a special part of our lives! On a side note - you will also always be remember as the big kid in the neonatal nursery! You were a whopper compared to all the others. Thanks so very much to your mom and dad for picking up the phone and calling us that night. I remember exactly where I was on the highway when your mom called and said we needed to come to the hospital! Martin and Shelli - thanks for letting us be a part of your lives! We love you!
Happy Birthday Grant!! We have been thinking about all of you today. Thanks for being such great friends.. we love you all very much.
We serve a risen Savior! It is in this and this alone that we can boast. Shelli and Martin, the impact Grant has had on all of our lives is amazing. Through him, we saw firsthand how fragile life is and how precious Christian friendships are. It is a blessing and privilege to be able to see how God has carried you and us through that experience. We love you guys! Soli Deo Gloria!
—Paula
Post a Comment