Friday, April 4, 2008

Back to work

I was back at work today with a little help from my friend Darvocet :o) I didn't get half of what I needed to get done because I got a call from Graisi's teacher telling me that school was letting out early due to the bad weather headed our way. Oh well... working 3 days this week wasn't all that bad.

I need to wish a Happy 3rd Birthday to my niece Caroline. She's this many (3). This is what she told Martin on the phone this afternoon. He said he could only assume she was holding up three fingers :o) and then she was D.O.N.E. talking and handed the phone back to her mommy. Martin had bets against me that I wouldn't have her outfit made until tonight, but I actually got it finished last night as my head was killing me. This outfit was physically and literally a labor of love! I just know it's going to look beautiful on her and it will be well worth the pain.

I got AC another pair of pants made this afternoon to match a pillowcase dress I'd made for her late last summer. The dress was a little shorter than I remember but then again she's almost a whole year older now too. I let her wear it to school anyway and put a pair of regular old white bloomers underneath it. I figured she's a year old and can get away with things being a little short. Ah, who cares anyway? (Can you tell my pain meds are wearing off?)

The family went out for BBQ tonight and Graisi was the only one who actually ordered bar-b-que... Martin and I had loaded baked potatoes and Alli Claire had chicken fingers. I found it a little amusing.

Thank goodness the weather wasn't as bad as it could have been, but we found a leak after everything settled down. I appears the wind blew some of the flashing loose from the chimney and water is coming in on the backside of it. Luckily, no sheet rock is involved, but we'll have to get someone out here next week to reseal it. I'll take this any day over wet sheet rock! Hey, I count my blessings where I can.

I can hear Mr. Darvocet calling my name from the kitchen. I guess I better go see what he needs :o) LOL! Good night my internet friends.

No comments: