Monday, July 23, 2007

Sounds from the kitchen

Let me just preface with... Alli Claire had been into everything Friday afternoon. I mean everything. She especially likes the garbage can in the kitchen. So after Graisi had finished painting her nails, she threw her paper towel she had used for mistakes in the trash. Naturally, AC went in after her treasure. Also, remember her fascination with paper? You get the picture. So I hear from the back corner of the kitchen....

Graisi: "(screech) MOMMMMMYYYYY!!!! Tell her to stooooppp!!" Whining of course
Mommy: Why? What is she doing?
Graisi: She bit my fingggeeerrr......
Mommy: Well, what was your finger doing in her mouth??
Graisi: She got my fingernail paper towel out of the trash and was eating it. I was trying to dig it out of her mouth and she bit me. And it hurt!

And we've only just begun.....

AC is taking more steps by the day. Yesterday afternoon she took 4 or 5 consecutive ones. I'm not ready for the bumps and bruises that come along with this.

Graisi was off with Martin last week so having to get her up this morning was a bear!!

Please say a prayer for Martin today. It's his first day at his new job. He said he was a little nervous and excited. He's most anxious about not knowing anyone there and most of us know how much he LOVES change. I have no doubt he will have a plethora of friends by the end of today :o) I mean, who doesn't like Martin, right?!!

3 comments:

Sallie said...

well, ed and I have been meaning to talk to you about martin - we really just like you - we just tolerate martin! ;-)

Seriously - has Martin ever really met a stranger? Can't wait to hear about the JOY of the new job and I really do mean JOY!

Anonymous said...

He called me a little while ago to give me his own private phone number :o) La Tee Da!!!

Believe it or not, Martin is a VERY shy and reserved person. I have to push him out there to meet new people. I'm his ice-breaker so I've been a little nervous for him today. He only blows Coca Cola with friends :o)

Sallie said...

You the icebreaker - now there is a news flash!