Since Graisi and Maggie got their Six Flags tickets for reading we decided to take the day off Wednesday and all go to the park. Me, Martin, Graisi, Alli Claire, Maggie, Aunt Janet, Uncle Paul and Aunt Bev. Janet left Caroline at daycare for fear she would lick everything in sight and come home with cooties like Graisi got from her boy cousins :o) Anyway, we got the park trying to figure out what was going to happen and be blog worthy. About that time, I let go of the stroller that contained our infant, thinking it would gently stroll down the hill in front of me. I was wrong. It went FLYING down the hill and I had to chase it down. When I caught her she looked like "What the heck was that?" Everybody got a good laugh and we continued into the park.
Our first stop was the Cyclone. Let me remind everyone that it had been YEARS since either Janet, Paul, Martin or I had ridden this ride. About 2 seconds into it I was regretting this decision. Did I mention, Maggie and Graisi were along for the ride too? It was horrible. It jerked them both from side to side and back and forth so hard I worried about shaken baby syndrome with our 6 and 7 year olds. Yes, it WAS that bad! From there on out they all but refused to ride anything that we suggested. We tried to build their confidences back up by taking in the rides in Toon Town. Graisi finally got back in to the swing of things but Maggie wanted NO part of any of it.
Aunt Bev tended to the little ones while the other adults partook in some of the larger rides like Goliath. Martin wouldn't keep his mouth shut about the height of the coaster and Janet wouldn't open her eyes, but after the first drop it was soooo much fun. I still don't think Janet saw any of the upcoming turns and twists. Did I say how fun it was??
While everyone rode Thunder River, I had the duty of staying with Alli Claire. I HATE to be wet so I eagerly volunteered. After they returned the girls begged me to ride it again with them. I REALLY didn't want to, but I did it anyway praying the whole time I would be the one who only got slightly damp. So it was me, Graisi, Maggie and Bev. Martin said Bev was bad luck so I opted not to sit with her and chose a seat beside a nice little teenage boy. To my demise, I was sprayed with water directly in the head then was thrust underneath the waterfalls for what seemed like eternity. Needless to say, I was slightly "damp". My flip flops were slippery so it was impossible to walk in them. Yes, I went barefooted at Six Flags. I definitely had grocery store feet when it was all over with. It was gross but what was I to do?
Afterwards, I guilted Maggie into riding the Wheelie. Did I mention she wanted NO part of any of the adult rides after the Cyclone? I don't much blame her but she agreed to ride with her daddy. Graisi and I rode for the second time. I wish you could have seen Maggie's face when she got off. She and Graisi both agreed that was their favorite ride.
After the Wheelie the girls got to play at Skull Island the water park. We all agreed that we would let them spend more time there next time. We all forgot a plastic bag to put our wet clothes in, but we made do.
Alli Claire even got to ride a few rides and never complained once. She was a perfect angel. Before this trip, I had purchased a stroller fan. So, while she napped and strolled she was able to stay cool and comfy. She couldn't have been any better to have been so young.
We had a blast!! I think we're going to try and make this an annual trip with the girls. I can't wait for next year! We had such a great trip. Thank you Janet and Paul for letting us crash Tuesday night and Bev for babysitting while we had some fun as adults and not have to worry about the kids. Not to mention Tuesday was your birthday. Happy birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment