Thursday, July 12, 2007

Library cards

After work yesterday afternoon the girls and I visited our local library. Which brought to my attention what a horrible mother I've been. We've been in our house for 9 years and never once has my shadow graced the doors of the library. So Graisi and I both applied for new library cards and she checked out her first Magic Schoolbus book. There was a little reading done in the car but came to an abrupt halt when we got home. Mallory asked if she could go swimming.... and off they went. Oh well, I tried.

I did learn not to take Alli Claire back. She's VERY heavy now and wants to be down to move around. She has an adoring love for paper right now. She doesn't care what form it comes in, as long as it's of the paper fashion. And if she gets a firm grasp on it, you're not going to get it back. It will be chewed up and quickly swallowed never to be seen again. And as you know the library is FULL of lovely paper products, called books. Which are one of her all time favorites, second only to the junk mail we get every afternoon. It's like Christmas when we visit the mailbox :o)

Alli Claire learned to climb the stairs at a very early age...like 9 months. But yesterday, I discovered she can also come all the way down them on her tummy. It always amazes me when they learn stuff like this.

Today, Graisi and her summer camp class are going to the zoo. I can't wait to hear about all of the stories when I pick her up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should her birthday present be perhaps a ream of paper or maybe even a case? Aunt Janet will gladly get the little goat what she wishes. I do know paper is pretty cheap. Too funny!! =0)

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at you!! I've never thought of her as a little goat, but that's exactly what she's like...bahhhh.

Caroline licks everything...Alli Claire eats everything paper. They are such peas in a pod! God does have extra special plans for these two!! I'm convinced of it.