My Mother's Day weekend actually started last Thursday when Graisi got off of the bus and tried to give me her gift she made in school early. I politely told her thank you and asked her to wait until Mother's Day. She was a little bummed when I told her she'd have to wait for three more days.
We got up Saturday morning and went to a local festival in the next town over from us. They let a couple of thousand yellow rubber duckies float down the river and over the dam to see which one gets to the finish line first. They're all numbered and you can purchase a duckie for $5. If your duckie wins you get $500. It's a great local fund raiser and a lot of fun watching the ducks fall over the watery embankment. There were also lots of activities for the kids and shopping for the adults. We had a really good time, but it was HOT! We were all tired when we got back home.
Yesterday morning, I received the prettiest cards from Graisi and Alli Claire. Graisi had taken construction paper and written "Happy Mother's Day" on the front complete with dots on the tips of each letter. She has now been indoctrinated into the "Dot Denomination". She has been doing this since kindergarten. On the inside she wrote the sweetest message about how I'm the best Mommy in the whole world and drew a picture on the right side of the card. On the bottom was her and Alli Claire and in the sky was Grant with wings. She knows that Grant is not an angel, but I guess she thought he needed wings to hold himself up there. I was precious none the less. After church (where we had worship care on Mother's Day...) we went out to lunch and back home to get ready for me and Graisi to go shopping. Just me and her. We laughed and held hands and talked about life. She is such a blessing to have in my life. Afterwards, we took dinner to some friends who've just had a baby and visited with them for a few minutes and back home to snuggle with Alli Claire and love on Martin for a little while before the night time routine began. It was a wonderful weekend. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment