We had Graisi's last teacher conference yesterday morning. We discovered we have a highly intelligent child who should pass the gifted test next year with flying colors. That teacher has already been in her classroom working with her. She is reading on a 4th Grade 2nd month level and was the only one in her class to make 100% on her math evaluation. She scored highest in both reading and math for the whole class. It was also confirmed what we already knew, which was...she gets bored easily and needs to be challenged throughout the whole day. Her teacher this year has been really good at giving her extra, fun work to keep her occupied. Because everything comes to her so easily, she doesn't have the self-motivation that other children have. On the surface this sounds like a good thing, but it's really not... Self-motivation is necessary for her educational success. I don't know how we're going to cultivate this trait but we've got to figure something out....soon. Hopefully, the gifted class will give her enough non-routine stuff to do, that her motivation will improve for her normal classwork. We'll pray this is what happens anyway. We are so blessed to have a baby girl like Graisi and we are so fortunate that this is all we have to deal with.
I had Alli Claire's follow-up appointment this morning for her ear infection. It seems to have cleared up on its own. She was able to fight it off on her own and no antibiotics were required.
Yea, Alli Claire!!
2 comments:
You should be proud! That's great! I'm sure both you and her teachers will do a great job of keeping her challenged. (Plus, there's always the Governor's School when she gets older!)
As for Alli Claire, have you looked into chiropractic medicine? A friend of mine used it for her daughter and she didn't have any more ear infections afterwards (all this, after tubes and such). Apparently, the problem is usually directly tied in to spinal adjustment. There are some great chiropractors out there who specialize in pediatric patients. I'm sure you could do a search and find some in your area.
Hope that helps! And BTW, the pics of the girls were great. They are both so beautiful!
I'll keep that tid bit of info catagorized in my left hemisphere. Hopefully, this was a one time thing and there won't be anymore. I know a chiro here who will see pediatric patients. I'll remember that if she has another one and give it a shot. Heck, it can't hurt, right?
Post a Comment