Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My list of annoyances and Martin is ok. Praise the Lord!

Martin has had trouble swallowing since last Thursday. I knew it was bad when he said Sunday that he needed to go to the doctor. Anyone who has a husband understands how serious this was. After a lot of prayer and a few phone calls I got him an appointment for an endoscopy this morning :o) He'd never been put to sleep before so after all was said and done, it was a little funny to see him as he was waking up. We had the same conversation 3 different times and he insisted they had not done the procedure. It took me and two nurses to convince him that they had... Anyway he is fine. He has an ulcer at the bottom of his esophagus and will be very uncomfortable for another couple of week, but it should heal on it's own. The doctor seems to think that one of his antibiotics he took for a sinus infection got stuck and dissolved in that spot causing the tissue to ulcerate. So he's on an ice-cream and chicken noodle soup diet for a while.

As I sat in the waiting room, there were a few things that other people did that absolutely drove me insane! Here they are:

1. Don't play on your cell phone and leave the sound for the buttons ON! Make them silent! If you don't know how.... ask somebody. They'll show you!

2. Don't read out loud to yourself. Must you hear yourself in order to understand the words??

3. You may be old and your sense of smell has deteriorated, but those of us who are you around you can smell you all the way from the lobby of the hospital. There is really no need in dousing yourself in "fragrance" and imposing your smell on everyone else. It's just rude! Leave it at home when you're going to be around other people. If you're using it to cover up other smells, then you just need to do something about that. They have diagnosis's and medications for you.

4. Nobody wants to hear your cell phone conversations. Take them outside, please. And on that same note: There are many people in a very small area.... use your inside voice. Isn't this something we all should have learned in the 1st grade?? Nobody wants to listen to you speak/yell at the person next to you. There are 24 inches between you. You're not needing to tell them something from a 5th story window. Shhhhhhh!

I think that's about it on that subject.

Tonight is Graisi's first night back at Girl Scouts. She's really excited. Alli Claire will stay here with Martin and I'm heading to Patton Creek for dinner with the ladies from my Bible study group. I've never eaten at Cafe Lazio, but Martin said it's supposed to be a really good Italian restaurant. Can you say Yum!

My living room is FULL of consignment clothes and boxes. Martin just woke up after a 4 1/2 hour nap and informed me that I need to hit it hard this week because next week is the sale. Uh Oh! It has totally snuck up on me.... and next week is completely full, so I have to get it all done Thursday and Saturday. Somehow, someway it will get done. It always does, right?

I've started referring to Alli Claire as "Miss Daisy". I swear she is just as cantankerous, determined, ornery and stubborned as Jessica Tandy in the movie!! So if I ever mention Miss Daisy, you'll know who I'm talking about. But, she's soooo cute and funny!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ok, my husband called me "Miss Daisy" for three years after that movie came out!!! :) He probably would still be calling me that if I hadn't dragged him to see Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada." Now he has a new character to compare me to! YIKES! Just know that all her worst characteristics are her best characteristics too! And God will teach her how to use them in time. Meanwhile...hang in. S is just like her! And me! :)