Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

This week has gone much smoother than last. Last week was getting ready for, shopping and working the consignment sale. So I was very busy getting ready for that. Tomorrow, I have a craft fair here at work selling my bookmarks and what nots. I'll get photos up at some point. I promise! I'm really excited to see what's going to happen tomorrow. The name of my business is "Imagine That!" My bookmarks are not just bookmarks, but basket and gift adornments, jewelry and/or anything else you can "imagine" :o) Clever huh? I thought so too. I'm glad you agree.

On top of all of this, it has been put on my heart to get ladies together (not physically together, but organized) to sew hand blankets for kids of all ages at Childrens Hospital in Birmingham. I just hate the thought of a child Graisi's age or any age waiting to have a difficult procedure or test done and have nothing to hold on to for comfort. The blankets will be made of flannel with ribbon loops sandwiched between the seams on the sides. Much like the "taggy" baby blankets. But these are going to be in all different colors, patterns and themes to make them age appropriate for everyone. At least it would give their little hands something to rub on that is smooth and silky or soft and warm in hopes of taking their thoughts off of the fear of what's ahead. The blankets will be 12 inches square so they will be easy to take everywhere and easy to make. It's one straight stitch and 4 turns of the fabric. I doesn't get any easier! Thanks to my friend, Paula, this project has a name: The Lovie Project "Comforting children in need". The Lovies only take about 25 minutes to make from start to finish. If the blanketeers can dedicate 1 hour a week and make 8 Lovies a month, imagine how many children that would touch! If you are interested or know someone who might be, please contact me and I'll give you more information. You don't have to be in the Birmingham area to donate and can mail them to me to deliver, if you/they want. Or if you do not want commit to 8 (or more :o) a month, we'll take what anyone can make over however amount of time. Even 1 matters to a child who needs their fears calmed.

I'm off to another retreat tomorrow night. This one is just overnight and I'll be back Saturday afternoon just in time for Martin and I to take Alli Claire to Sesame Street Live! OH JOY!! Graisi has already been to these events, so she's spending tomorrow night and Saturday with Mamaw and Papaw. She doesn't know yet :o) She's always rotten when she comes home... Nancy has already called today to see what's one of Graisi's fav foods that she doesn't get very often. And of course, they'll visit Cracker Barrel (G's most fav eating establishment) Saturday morning for breakfast. Miss Daisy will be with Martin and spend some bonding time with him. And, oh my, she is so living up to her nickname. Melanie (our children's minister) at church got to see her in action last night as she had a hissy fit in the middle of the lobby pulling her shirt over the back of her head so she could get the id sticker I'd stuck there. Apparently, she didn't want me putting it there.... she wanted Martin to do it. I advised her last night on the way home that her Light hadn't shined very brightly that day. She didn't appear to care one little bit. I'm shocked....

No comments: