Monday, September 29, 2008

It got even busier!

A brief rundown from last week forward. Most of last week was filled with getting bookmarks made for our Craft Fair at work. So, every afternoon and night was filled with beads and ribbons. Friday was the big day. It got off to a good start and I didn't have much to bring home except for a few new $$'s. I was pleasantly surprised. You just never know if someone is going to like what you've made and I was a little nervous to say the least. But you know me... I can sell sand to a Floridian. started off asking people if they needed teacher gifts and then it progressed into "Do you have kids? Do they like to read?" You just can't turn down your kids. I even got the chance to make a few custom bookmarks for a few people as they waited. It was a fun day.

I worked for a little while afterward and then rushed home to pull Graisi off of the bus, raced home to get our bags packed and back out the door to get her across town only to meet Martin to pick up Alli Claire at another destination. I was hot and tired. Jaime and I drove to our retreat and it only took 45 minutes longer than it should have. Where was Sallie and her GPS when we needed her?? Jaime and I got a lot of talking and catching up on out of the way as well as a few laughs. It was a nice drive! Once we got there we found out everyone else went the wrong direction too! We didn't feel so bad about being late. We were actually early compared to some. The "get to know you" games were full of excitement! Marty and Jen you did a great job :o) Really. We had a pajama party where lots of stories and laughs were exchanged. Then the earplugs and masks came out for a relatively good night's sleep. We even got to sleep in! The morning was started with soul searching worship and an in depth Bible study. We also had a group of 4 teenage guys come up from the church and supply our background music after their Homecoming night at school. As Amy T. said, they inspire and I only dream for my teenage girls to do something like that for a group of "old" women at a women's retreat. They were set up and ready to go (drums and all) before 8am and it was a 45 minute drive from home. WOW!!

Jaime and I left early so that I could come home to take Alli Claire to see Elmo and the rest of the Sesame Street gang in concert at the BJCC. Martin too of course. She was so funny and enjoyed it very much. Afterwards, we picked Graisi up from a day of spoiling at Mamaw and Papaw's house. She only came home with 2 purses, a Barbie and puppy that you feed and it poops, dino goop and alphabet gummies. Alli Claire got a tin top to bring home, which of course, came from their breakfast outing at Cracker Barrel.

Sunday, the girls and I played hookie from church and Martin went solo. I was exhausted from the whole thing..... Graisi and I got ready and headed out at lunch for a Girl Scout activity at a local GS camp.

So now that I look at it, I don't guess it was such a "brief" rundown afterall.... You get the picture. I was hoppin' this weekend and I'm hoping to have some downtime soon!! I'm posting pictures next. So be on the lookout.

No comments: