Monday, December 31, 2007

Uncharted territory and fun with friends

You know the old saying about not saying you won't do something, less you do.... Well today, I'm doing something I said I wouldn't do until Graisi was well into her teenage years.... When you see me next, you'll have to ask. I can't blog about it here. But, if you know me you'll be very surprised or maybe not.... Depends on who you are.

Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend! Graisi has been at Janet and Paul's since Wednesday, so we went Saturday to spend Christmas with them and Bev Newnan, GA. This year was Janet's turn to host our get- together at her house. We try to alternate between our two houses to keep traveling down to a minimum. We had a really great time watching the kids open their plethora of gifts for Aunt Bev! She always spoils them rotten, just like Mamaw Margaret and Papaw Dale would do if they were here. (I don't know what I would do without Janet and Bev! You two are truly a blessing to our girls!!) This year Maggie got an American Girl doll from Santa, like Graisi did last year. Janet gave both Maggie and Graisi a gift certificate from American Girl. What Graisi didn't know is that later that afternoon, we were taking them to the new store north of Atlanta. Anyhoo, when Graisi opened her gift certificate she got really excited until I told her we didn't have a store back home. I said I guessed we would have to shop online maybe. She was a little disappointed, but it was ok. (That makes me terrible, right?) She didn't have a clue, but Maggie already knew we were going AND she kept the secret from Graisi the whole time she was there!! I'll post the picture of Graisi's face when we pulled up here when I download the camera. It was priceless :o) The girls picked out two outfits each and were very pleased with their selections. I think this might have been Graisi's favorite Christmas to date. I mean, heck, it's got to be better than 2005 when she didn't get ANYTHING she wanted..... We're still hearing about that one.

Yesterday, we didn't have Sunday school, so we played hookie from church. I'm really ready to get back to our normal schedule for Sunday mornings. I miss fellowshipping with friends and studying the Word together. Our class makes for some interesting discussions.

I went shopping yesterday afternoon at the local Target where ALL of their Christmas decorations were 75% off!!! Can you say WAHOOO!? I loaded up on 6 boxes of garland lights ($12 each), picked up an 8ft inflatable snowman ($26), 5 boxes of old-fashioned bulbs for the tree next year ($7 each) and 3 boxes of lawn bulbs for the sidewalk ($12 each)! There were a few other things I bought, but for everything I only spent $50!! I am so looking forward to next Christmas!!

Last night we had dinner at Ed and Sallie's. As usual it proved to be a very enjoyable, relaxing, laughter filled night. Kevin, Tonya, Brian and all of the kids were there including "Baby L" who didn't have a choice at this point in time :o) I wasn't successful at making some sort of beverage come out of Kevin's nose, but I was very close.... There's always next time, right? Martin and Sallie made Ed and I take the "I have a shopping problem" oath again. They said we can't go shopping again without supervision anymore. So Ed and I agreed to supervise each other :o) That works right?

We're going over to Andy and Paula's tonight for our annual New Year's Eve party. We'll ring in the new year with the east coast so we can be on the road and home before the drunk folks hit the highway. Cuz we're smart like that! I'm looking forward to seeing some friends that we haven't seen in a while. Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2008 holds wonderful blessings for you and your families!

No comments: