This week has been very difficult for me. There was a decision I had to make that wasn't a very popular one. I can't go into great detail, but please pray for me and my siblings and their chidren.
On another note, Graisi and I had a wonderful time at home alone last night. It was one of those that I will remember in my old age. Martin was gone to a company Christmas party and I had just put Alli Claire in the bed. Graisi and I went downstairs, turned off all the lights except for the Christmas tree and snuggled in the colorful glow of the lights. It was quiet except for our whispers as we talked about each ornament on the tree. Our tree doesn't have a theme nor will it ever. It warms my heart to look at it and see past memories encapsulated in each ornament. Each one is precious and dear to us. Because Martin and I got married in November, my great-aunt bought us a tin of 12 ornaments as a wedding gift. On each of the ornaments is a page from the book, "Twas the Night Before Christmas". For the past 12 years, we've read each ornament in order as we put it on the tree. When I told Graisi we'd had them that long, she thought it was pretty neat. I do, too. I love making family traditions for our family and becoming a child again thru my own.