Sunday, February 1, 2009

My little bow finder

This morning Alli Claire pitched a fit getting ready and refused to let me put her hair in a ponytail. I do this to keep her bows from falling out of her hair. Needless to say, she didn't get a ponytail and I knew the bow wouldn't stay in for long but took her to church like that anyway. Martin went to get her after services were over and brought her to me. NO BOW! I meant I was not leaving church without the bow. We've lost pacifiers, cups, coats, etc. I wasn't leaving anything else for someone else to claim. I went back to her classroom and told the teachers that she'd lost her bow and they assured me they'd looked for it and must have gotten put in someone else's bag. They said, "They'll bring it back next week." Uh... no they won't. Been there... done that! At that point, I "informed" the teachers that I was coming into the classroom to find the infamous bow. See, they don't like for parents to come into the classrooms :o) It's a safety issue and I understand that. But they apparently don't know me or my mission to find the bow. I went in and started looking and then realized I was wasting my time. I bent down to Alli Claire's level and made her look at me. I asked, "Alli Claire, where is your bow". She said, "I take it out my hair." I asked, "When you took it out of your hair, where did you put it?" She mumbled something I didn't understand and I asked her to show me where she'd put it. She took my hand and led me to the toy kitchen, removed the sink and there it was!!! The teachers were amazed. I know my baby may not speak well, but she's smarter than any kid I've ever met, Graisi included! All you have to do is ask her what you're looking for or what you want her to do. She'll get it done!

No comments: