Last night, we had another camp-in at the McWane Center for our Girl Scout troop :o) I will say, this one was much better than the 3 previous ones Graisi and I have participated in. It wasn't crowded and the activities didn't last as long. We actually had a fun time. Three parents took the first 3 activities and another set of three took the next set. So, even the adults had a few minutes of free time to ourselves!! Yea for us!
The kids had a great time making homemade paper, bubble wands and crystals from salt and sugar, etc. The IMAX movie was also very good. It was a little "1986" but it was still good and entertaining for all practical purposes.
Alli Claire and Martin had a "Daddy-Daughter" night. He met me there and we exchanged AC. He said she stopped screaming about I-459 ... but was a perfect angel afterwards. They went and ate our usual BBQ on Friday nights and came home and settled in for the night. When we got home he did mention that she got up at 6:45am this morning!! At least we got to sleep until 7am! LOL!! Poor Martin
Have I mentioned Martin is running in the Mercedes Marathon next weekend? He's taking a 6 mile leg of of the 26 mile course. There's four of them running it and his boss, Bill, is taking the first leg and continuing on to complete the whole thing. Bill ran his first marathon at Disney back in December and coerced Martin into running in this one :o) He ran 5 miles this morning and did it fairly quickly... I was impressed. And, just in case you're wondering... Shelli don't run just because! Let's just get that out there right now. If you see me running, you had better take off too, because something bad is behind me and trust me, I will not be an easy catch! I will pass you.... Mama CAN run when she needs to. I kid NOT!
Graisi is doing very well wearing her headgear and her ortho appt last week was good. Her open bite has closed nicely but will close completely when she gets her braces, hopefully in March.
Alli Claire is doing well potty training. Tuesday when Martin had her home she called me at work and told me she'd pooped out a "ha-dog". She said, "It big Mommy!" Right out of the mouths of babes!....
No comments:
Post a Comment