Friday, February 2, 2007

Bits N Pieces

Here are a few things I forgot to mention with all the fevers and "goings on" at the Smith house this week....

When I took Alli Claire to the doctor Monday they weighed her... 19lb 6oz!! 6 months old!!!

Graisi did GREAT at skating practice Tuesday night. I was so proud of her. Next Tuesday they will test her for level 3 or possibly 4! I cannot stress enough how well she did :-)

We went to Family Reading night at Graisi's school last night. We ran into her teacher coming in with her son. Might I mention her teacher reminds Martin and I of a friend back home who is VERY loud and energetic! She's perfect for a first grade teacher!! Anyway, she stopped us and was telling us all about Miss Graisi. She really thinks she'll test and pass into the gifted program next year. She also had her teacher crying one day this week. Seems they were talking about their favorite place to visit in the state of Alabama. Most of the other kids picked places like the beach, rocket center in H'ville, McWane Ctr, etc. Graisi picked the B'ham Botanical Gardens. When her teacher asked her why, she said because that's where her brother, Grant's, bench is.... They have a Little Ones Memory Garden out there with some benches leading up to it. She has "claimed" one of them to be Grant's even though it's not particularly his. Leave it to my Graisi to make her teacher cry...

Alli Claire is feeling much better. She is back at school with her teachers and was happy when I dropped her off this morning. I'm so glad and hope she starts sleeping again this weekend. She woke up yesterday morning at 3am and this morning at 4am.

"Uncle" Chris and "Aunt" Stacy will be joining us for dinner tomorrow night. We haven't seen Stacy in FOREVER!! So we're excited they're coming. It should make for an enjoyable evening :-) I always enjoy a good dose of LOVE! They've just recently moved back from South Carolina, so we've missed them tremendously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

North Carolina

Anonymous said...

It's working finally! We love you!

Anonymous said...

However, I do have to click 5 or 6 times on the "comment" link in order to pull it up. BTW...your husband is a man of few words isn't he?? (North Carolina vs South) :):):)

Brian said...

Poor Chris... He may want to move back soon, based on his crazy co-workers. :)