Monday, October 27, 2008

A weekend at Mamaw's

This weekend we went home and spent a couple of nights with my Mamaw :o) I love her more than her homemade cheese biscuits. And that's a lot! She's always been one of my sources of strength and has been my example of what a Christian walk should look like. By no means is she perfect, but she's still learning and trying to be the best she can be. As a kid I remember waking up on Saturday mornings to find her reading her Bible in the kitchen. Sweet memories of her and Jesus spending some quiet time together. Just Precious!

So we got there around 8:30 Friday night and there was a pan of homemade cheese biscuits waiting for me to arrive. Mmmmm! I had 3. You might say I was off of the diet this weekend. I'm just sayin'.... Saturday morning was another pan of biscuits, bacon and eggs. At some point in the weekend, fresh corn, okra, peas, turnip greens, tomatoes and cornbread made their appearance. And you ask, why I came back home... I have no idea! Martin certainly doesn't. Bless his heart. But I think we gained 10 pounds in 2 days. I don't think we could have taken much more to be honest.

Alli Claire and Graisi enjoyed being able to go outside and run without having to worry about being hit by a car. Isn't that sad?

Today is Graisi's big day. She gets her thumbgaurd and headgear. She's just a little excited to say the least. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Alli Claire ripped her hairbow out of her hair this morning because she was mad at me for brushing her teeth. She is JUST like my Papaw!!! May God bless us all....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Alli Claire and Graisi enjoyed being able to go outside and run without having to worry about being hit by a car. Isn't that sad?"

It's the same when we visit my mom and Michel. Maddie and Josie think they've gone to an amusement park, and I remember feeling the same way when we were visiting as kids. City life ain't so much fun afterall.