So, I woke up early this morning like I do most Saturdays. WHY can't I sleep late on Saturday?? I didn't get in the bed until midnight on purpose in hopes of sleeping in. I was up at 5am... Oh well.
The girls just got finished with a bagel breakfast picnic in the middle of the kitchen floor complete with a blanket. Isn't that sweet? Martin is on his way out the door for his morning run. I'm still in the bed, ceiling fan on, cool breeze and the girls beside me.
Miss Daisy has had a green snotty nose for two days. She learned to blow her nose really early, but has somehow forgotten and is now blowing through her mouth to make the sound. It's very frustrating.
Last night we had a "San Antonio Reunion" with the girls who went in August. Can I just say FOOD? Oh my goodness! And all of it was so tasty. I ate way too much but I'll work it off at some point this weekend. Unknown to Paula (who's house we were at), we turned it into her birthday party :o) She will be 29 again tomorrow. Happy Birthday PHH!
Martin made plans for me today to hem all of the pants for the girls that we bought at consignment a few weeks ago. It seems the weather is changing and they need pants to wear and all. Can I just say that I'll take all of the "man-made" global warming I can get. July, August and September in Alabama has never felt so good!
I'm not getting on this soapbox today. But, I'm just going to say it once and we're not going to talk about it again. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MAN-MADE GLOBAL WARMING. Climate change is normal and cyclical. It has been this way since the beginning of our time. God made this world to clean itself. We've only been keeping climate records since the late 1800's. How are you going to predict the weather 20, 30 or 40 years in the future when you can't accurately predict it 7 DAYS from now? I mean, what happens when things get cleaned? They heat up.... DUH. Do we really think we are important enough to have the kind of effect the money-motivated-morons have said? You've got to be kidding me... That is such a self-centered, "all about me" mentality to live in. Get over yourself and become educated as to where the money behind the propaganda is coming from. And then tell me it's not money driven. I'm stepping down from the soapbox I'm not on. I'll tackle socialized medicine and "redistribution of wealth" another day.... I just don't think I can stomach it right now.
Gotta go sew before heading out to watch the Auburn game this afternoon. We've changed our pre-game day and game day routines in hopes of improving our juju. I just pray our defense and OFFENSE shows up ready to play. WAAAAAR EAGLE HEY!
No comments:
Post a Comment