After getting the estimate for Graisi's first phase of braces, I decided we'd better nip Alli Claire's little passy (aka No No) habit in the bud. So last week before leaving daycare, I clipped the end of her No No off in hopes it would curb her desire to have it. I was wrong. She put it in, pulled it out, looked at it and put it right back in without a second thought. So much for that idea, huh? So, last Friday night, I decided they would just go away.... as in, poof they're gone kinda thing. And you know what? It worked!!! She has had kind of a hard time going to sleep at night, but other than that, she's been fine. She's asked for it 4 times since then and has seemed to accept the fact that they're gone. Now, watch her teeth come in all crooked and still need braces. Just our luck!
We got our pictures back today from Saturday and they are as beautiful as I expected!! If anyone needs a photographer in the Bham area, let me know and I'll let you look at our proofs to judge Julie's work. She's well worth the sitting fee!
Graisi had her first gymnastics class this afternoon. She said she had a great time. My friend Sallie recommended the gym and we actually signed up without ever seeing the inside! I normally wouldn't have done it, but after seeing the inside today, I know it was a good choice. My mother and sister used to drive me an hour to Auburn and an hour home four nights a week for me to train. Being back in a real gym made me want to dawn a leotard and bounce around on the spring floor or maybe do a few back handsprings/arials on the balance beam. I can still feel the feeling of flying when I'd run and land a back layout. There's nothing like that "free" feeling in the world. And the power I had in my arms and legs was incredible. I so miss those days and my youth... Just the other night as we were watching the Olympics in Bejing, Martin commented that the 33 year old who was competing could be me. LOL!! I really did. But, I really wish it could. I hope Graisi finds her passion like I did. Whether gymnastics or something else. I just hope she finds it.
No comments:
Post a Comment