Monday, July 7, 2008

Much a do about nothing

Not much happened last week until Thursday....

Kerri picked Graisi up at the Y and took she and Mallory swimming for the afternoon. Then Mallory stayed with us all weekend! The girls had such a good time putting on talk shows, fashion shows, singing shows, putting make-up on Alli Claire... you name it, they did it.

We went Thursday night to see the new American Girl movie. It was soooo good and exceeded all of my expectations. I would pay to see it again! Kit was from the 1930's and lived during the Great Depression. The girls really got the see the struggles and hard times that families faced then. Afterward, we went to Chik-fil-A. I was getting their orders and confirmed Mallory's 4 piece meal and Graisi's 6 piece meal. Graisi said, "Mom, I'll just have the 4 piece so we can save money." Now how sweet was that!!??

Friday afternoon, Martin took them to see Wall-E. I had NO interest, but the girls seemed to like it just as much as Kit. I'm not sure how?? Then it was off to Paula and Andy's for good food and downtown fireworks. The hamburgers and broccoli salad were to die for!! It is so good to be able to get together and strengthen friendships over food and conversation. I love these types of afternoons. Thank you Andy and Paula for a wonderful evening!! We really enjoyed it as always! Alli Claire had never saw fireworks, especially not the big ones. She sat in mine and Martin's lap pretty much the whole time going, "Wow" and "WO" and "Bang". Her little face was precious. Afterwards, she put on a show back at the house with her Ashy Ashy routine where she jumps up, puts her legs straight out and lands smack dab on her bottom. (I told y'all it was funny and painful at the same time!) We were all ready for bedtime when we got home.

Saturday, we didn't get out of our pj's until around 3pm. I cleaned most of the morning and had the house in order, but you couldn't tell by yesterday afternoon. It's amazing how fast little people can mess a house up! It truly is. We had barbecue for supper from our favorite local restaurant, but Martin was a little disappointed because they didn't have his usual LARGE stuffed baked potato. So he pouted for a little while.... but got over it eventually. He said he would be going tomorrow night to get one regardless! Don't get between a man and his food!

Have I mentioned he's growing a beard?? I've been trying to get him to do it for several years, but he never would until now. I LOVE it and it's red! Now there's no doubt where Alli Claire gets her red hair from in case anyone wondered :o) Pictures to follow.

Yesterday, was church and home for a grilled salmon lunch complete with rice, green beans, corn on the cob and biscuits! Don't even ask... Martin fixed it all and it was delicious! Thanks Honey!! Mallory went home around 6pm and the house was still and quiet. I couldn't' believe one extra child makes that much difference, but it does. Graisi claimed to have NOTHING to do and Alli Claire continued to be her whiny self. No change there. It was a very busy weekend but at the same time, so much fun!

Thursday and Friday of this week we'll spend at Six Flags!!! I'm so excited :o) I'm sure I'll have stories when we get back!

No comments: