Today was one of those afternoons where I, as a parent, wanted to crawl into the back of my closet and hide from my children.
As soon as I picked Alli Claire up from school she started whining. Yes, we have one of those children that Martin and I complained about before we had Tornado. So, she's whined and complained and cried about EVERYTHING. NOTHING was right with the world today. First she wanted something and then she didn't and then she did again. It was this way with everything she touched, saw or thought about. I tried to tune her out by cleaning the kitchen and listening to the radio. I thought I heard the next door neighbor's little boy outside playing and squealing in the pool. After a few of these "squeals", I opened the door to make sure it was him. As soon as I opened it, there was no sound coming from outdoors and my heart sank. I rushed upstairs just in time to hear Graisi crying and begging (with her door closed) for someone to help her. She had stepped on a straight pin in the carpet (yes, it was my fault) and didn't want to pull it out. As soon as I got to her, she moved and the pin came out on it's own. If I've told her once, I've told her 100 times NOT to close her door. I couldn't hear her crying and needing me. So, I ensured this wouldn't happen again and removed her door from it's hinges. The door is currently in the attic... :o) When she realized how dangerous it was to close her door, she was ok with not having a door. I guess it only takes once, huh?
We were supposed to go eat BBQ tonight, but I called Martin on his way home and told him to go by and get himself something to eat because there was NO way I was getting the heathens, oops, children out in public in the mood they'd put me in. After I'd explained that I'd put AC in time-out indefinitely and I'd taken Graisi's door off the hinges, all he could say was, "Oh.... okaaay." So I had a frozen Lean Cuisine, Graisi had grits and AC had a hotdog while Martin had a loaded, smoked sausage baked potato. It just didn't seem fair I declare!
Well, Martin does have his 20 year high school class reunion this weekend. So I guess, maybe that makes up for it :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment