Sunday, November 11th, will be our 12th wedding anniversary. Wow! Where has it gone?? I can't imagine spending the past 12 years married to anyone else but you! Thank you for always making me feel safe and loved. You've kept a smile on my face and a laugh in my heart. We've always been able to laugh together during the hard times as well as the good ones. There have been plenty of both and we've always known the other was there for support and company. My prayer is that laughter is always in our lives that nothing is ever taken too seriously. Thank you for the best twelve years of my life. I love you beyond belief and cherish you every morning that you kiss me before going out the door. I love you.
Shelli/Martin story:
Some of you have already heard most of our stories, but for those of you who have not, enjoy...
I remember a story very vividly during our early years of dating. As most of you know, I don't cook. Don't like to cook. Don't know how to cook. But for our very first Valentine's Day together, I decided to prepare Martin a "Valentine's Day" pizza. You have to remember, y'all, we were poor... I mean real poor and I didn't know how to cook. Have I mentioned that lately?
Well, anyhow, I mixed up the crust (boxed of course) and let it rise like I was supposed to, then began putting the sauce, cheese and pepperoni on it (in a heart shape I might add). Little did I know, I was supposed to COOK the crust FIRST before applying the toppings. Bless his heart, he choked down a few bites of the doughy mess and told me how good it was. I'm sure later that night he raided the kitchen of cereal, Romin Noodles or something similar.
I, now, have a few specialty items Martin likes me to make for him, but the majority of meals are prepared by him :o) I think it's for his safety as well as the rest of the family :o) :o)
Martin, Thank you for growing with me!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary Guys! Who da thunk it 12 years?! I'm blessed and lucky to have been a part of all twelve of those years. I love you both very much and wish nothing more for you than many more years of love and laughter. If not for you guys, I wouldn't have been blessed to have been a part of lives of three beautiful babies. I hope you guys enjoy this special day.
Thank you! Later I'll tell you what Martin said the weekend would be filled with :o) LOL!!
Happy Anniversary!! I hope you guys had a great weekend together.
On a side note, we were pretty lucky to get two husbands who do all the cooking, huh? (Are cooking skills a genetic thing?) ;)
Post a Comment