Friday, October 26, 2007

Hangin' out like little possums

I'm sitting in the living room listening to Graisi discuss cats mating. That's right. Mating. She doesn't know the in's and out's (no pun intended) but she knows a baby kitty HAS to have a mommy and a daddy. It seems, Toby, the neighborhood cat has been "harassing" a little black cat here lately. We actually saw Toby pin the poor thing down in Mallory's driveway two afternoons ago. They weren't doing the deed, but it looked like the mating ritual had begun.

Anyway, Graisi said we are "hangin out like little possums" tonight. Nothing is going on. No where to go, nobody is on the phone, I'm in my sweats and life is great!! Martin is doing his usual folding of the laundry, Heidi's licking herself; to no doubt hack up a grey fur ball later tonight while were in our slumber. Alli Claire is playing in a big box in the middle of the floor and Graisi is trying to make her like her. Except for the fact that she keeps aggravating the snot out of her.

We had a fun afternoon of playing outside in the cool temps. Wow, does it chilly when the sun starts going down! When I finally wrangled Alli Claire indoors, her little digits were red and frigid but she didn't seem to mind one bit....

I finally got to Target when I picked Graisi up from the bus stop. Mallory was at home too, so I left Graisi here and only took Alli Claire. Going to Wal-Mart or Target is such a treat these days. I'm only able to get by there about every 2-3 weeks now. I used to take Graisi EVERYWHERE when she was a baby/little. Now with her always wanting something and Alli Claire wanting to stand up in the buggy, my trips tend to be very quick and usually frustrating. But with one to deal with, it was nice.

We're supposed to be going to the Grand Ol' Pumpkin Patch tomorrow. This would be our 6th annual trip with my Dad and Nancy. But it's just going to be us this year. Nancy is over at my brother's house in Georgia rehab-ing. We will miss them dearly! Maybe next year will be back to normal and afterwards we can visit FanTails for our yearly seafood feast. It just won't be the same without them.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. Good night John boy....

1 comment:

magcarmom said...

Oh, how I remember those glorious old days of one sister aggravating the snot out of the other in an attempt to win undying affection. Oh, wait a minute, those days are still occurring around our house. It's just that Caroline has gotten bigger and has learned to fight back. Many more memories to look forward too! Good luck! =)