Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yep.. gonna spray my kid down with Raid

Graisi started 4th grade today. She is no longer officially in elementary school, but in intermediate. I'm a little sad because my baby is growing so fast. But at the same time, I'm so excited to see what tomorrow holds for her. She's such a cool, creative kid and it's so neat to see her change into the person she is to become. So cool!

I re-dyed her hair last night in anticipation for today. Except this time, it came out extremely hot pink! It's so cute and I think I like it better than the first time!! I'll post pictures here this afternoon because words just cannot describe her attire!

As most parents know, there is A LOT of paperwork to enter any grade of public education. 4th grade was no exception. We went to "meet the teacher night" Tuesday afternoon and realized I would need to stop by the nurses office to complete the forms for Graisi's bug spray and hydrocortizone (very allergic to mosquito bites). I won't even go into the paperwork fiasco (let's just there was one and leave it alone) with the "nurses". I use this word VERY loosely. I explained to the "nurse" that Graisi would need to be sprayed down with bug spray before going outside each day due to this allergy. She quickly replied, "Oh we cannot do that!" I asked why not. I mean, she needs this in order to be protected. She was shaking her head the whole time and said she needed to check with somebody else. As she spoke w/ the person on the other line, she had this very confused look on her face and looked at me and said, "Like Off... insect repellent?" I looked at her and said, "Um... yeah. Bug spray.". She got off the phone and said, "Oh I thought you were talking about spray like fly spray or Raid." Y'all... I would pay large amounts of money to have a picture of my expression at that very moment! That fool actually thought I was trying to get her to spray my kid down with RAID!

Is this not the same part of the county that calls ALL soda's "cokes"? Do we not call fly swatters, "fly flaps"? Or movie theaters "shows"? WHY on this green earth would that moron immediately think RAID, when the need for bug spray was used in relation to protecting my child from mosquito bites? And to think she has to be somewhat educated.... I'm still left with a disturbingly confused expression. I'll never watch a roach commercial again the same way without a mental picture of Graisi. ROFL

No comments: